Join the AuMed Team
Be part of AuMed
As a spin-off company from Creatz3D back in 2017, AuMed envisions to be the leading Medical Training Simulator provider which upholds the Gold (Au) standard of (Med)ical simulations.
Having worked and developed numerous medical customized projects with doctors, clinicians and medical devices companies, AuMed is re-establishing as a product company with emphasis in producing its own product catalog.
Our upcoming projects involve integrating embedded electronics in our existing medical simulators to further narrow the gap between our simulators and their respective anatomical structures that we are simulating. We will be developing a prototype (consisting of 3D printed anatomical models and off-shelf basic electronics) with an algorithm for mimicking anatomical physiology/behaviour for pre-surgical planning. We need on-board a trainee who has the experience and passion in programming with a good cause in the medical industry. Guidance will be given throughout the 6 months period as the trainee will be working closely alongside our existing engineers on this project.
- The project scope is to develop a prototype (consisting of 3D printed anatomical models and off-shelf basic electronics) with an algorithm for mimicking the anatomical physiology/behaviour of an organ for pre-surgical planning.
- The intern will be required to work with the existing team in the research-related and developmental prototyping phases to achieve the project scope.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and contribute to the development of prototype as stated under the Internship Scope
- Assist in the design and development of 3D printing mainly for the healthcare industry. We use 3D parametric and organic modelling software
- Assist in the operation and end-user maintenance of industrial-grade 3D printers, relevant machinery and other 3D technologies.
- Assist in communicating (verbally and in writing) with, and/or delivering solutions to stakeholders who are from the healthcare or non-healthcare industry
- Carrying out of all above tasks and responsibilities in adherence to standard operating procedures and/or guidelines
- Other ad-hoc duties
Internship Job Requirements:
- Undergraduate bachelor’s degree in biomedical / healthcare / mechanical / electrical engineering related field
- Intermediate to Proficient level in CAD (Please specify the software)
- Experience in 3D organic modelling will be an added advantage
- Competency in English (spoken and written)
- Advantages (or willing to self-learn) if you have:
- Knowledge and/or experience in 3D technologies, including Additive Manufacturing
- Familiarity with human anatomy and medical terminology
- Beginner to Intermediate level in basic Arduino Programming
- Self-motivated, result-oriented and energetic with the passion to succeed
- Team player and able to work independently
- Strong communication and organizational skills
If you are interested to apply, please submit these documents to Camillus Wee (firstname.lastname@example.org) and cc to Sean (email@example.com) and Joei Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1) Cover letter
3) Portfolio to display your CAD skill